Computech is looking for a Network Technician for support to internal team members and external clients over the phone, via email, remotely or on site. The individual will need to be able to diagnose hardware, software and networking issues.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with great passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions.
The goal is to create and sustain a well-functioning and reliable network to ensure the unobtrusive operation of business.
- Designing and installing networks, connections and cabling
- Troubleshooting system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Testing and configuring software, maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Installing and configuring servers and attached hardware that might come with the solution.
- Configuring networking devices
- Configuring wired and wireless networks
- Design and install long range outdoors WIFI networks.
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and repair issues accordingly
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improve and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Monitor daily backups and to protect the organization’s information
- Monitor computer park and network infrastructure
- Partner with the IT team to ensure that security software is properly installed on employee computers
- Bilingual French and English
- Proven experience as network technician or relevant position
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Able to work outside the regular business hours occasionally
- Able to work outdoors occasionally
- Attention to detail while logging work detail in service ticket
- Clean criminal record
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledgeWindows server & workstations environments
- Office 365
- Hyper-V and VMWare